Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Home

I'm home and I must say I am experiencing a strange period in my life.
I have been soaking up the luxuries of home, yet I am left unsatisified, because I suffer from an addiction
Some people are addicted to alcohol, caffeine, but my problem is slightly different. I have become addicted to adventure. I love seeing new places, doing new things, meeting new people, and learning, and the amazing thing about traveling is that you end up doing all these things every single day. Every walk brings new territory, every friend is a new one. Now I am in the town I have spent my whole life, in the house I have spent my whole life, and while I am happy, I am restless. I just want to grab my backpack and hop on a train to wherever, but I am stuck. My other problem is that all my friends are leaving for college, and I feel really excluded. Every "welcome back" dinner is also a goodbye dinner, which is yea, pretty depressing.

Don't get me wrong though, this time is definitely not wasted, because I haven't forgotten my first post. The one thing that keeps everyday an adventure is keeping so close to the city I love. I have never been so sure that New York is the place for me. While I crave change, New York is a place that manages to change on its own, every single day. It is a place that you don't have to leave to have an adventure, and in fact new experiences are rather unavoidable. Since I came home I started going to the Rocky Horror Picture show which is just wild, and I am even considering trying to join the cast when I return! I went to a full moon party and danced to tribal drums (of course it wasn't my first time). I discovered this amazing Latin music (Bajofondo, Lula Cruza, Rakim y Ken-y). I traded stories with travelers from India and Tanzania. I cried and screamed and laughed. Of course, I keep smiling, because I just have so much to smile about.

No comments: