Wednesday, September 3, 2008

3 Days To Fashion Week

And the time has come. I am home from Buffalo after a 12 hour journey
and laying out my clothes for fashion week. I am feeling so strange right now. I used to LIVE for fashion week. I mean, I still love seeing the runway shows, but I am so good at my freaking job, that I always have to stay backstage. This means wrestling with middle-aged photographers for footage, watching skeletal models undress, and eating mass amounts of catered food. I like seeing my model friends, but I constantly have to annoy them with stupid interview questions for that stupid TV channel. I liked the networking aspect of it, but the problem is that I am too good. I am 17 years old and I have a roladex(who actually uses those!) full of connections in the industry, but I do not have the time or desire to start working. I am too young to grow up and get a job and stop learning. Basically, this is my only way to see the shows, and until I at least become old enough to drink, no one in their right mind will hire me, no matter how fabulous my resume. So yea, for once, I am not excited for fashion week. I was so happy at Buffalo being a kid in this fun, happy, college world, and now I am back to my adult persona, working way too hard for way to little. Hello real life!

....'

No comments: