Monday, September 29, 2008

Everyday I love this city more and more. The past few days have been really crazy and fun, and I really can’t seem to stop myself from going out every single night. The drag club was ridiculous and so much fun. I didn’t know what to expect really, but the crowd there turned out to be really cool and attractive, and the drag queens were captivating! Brittni and I hung out with the British boys in this awesome bar called Carnal for a few hours before hand, then ended up staying in Club 69 until 6:30. The next night we all went out for Argentinian steak at this amazing restaurant. The steak was freaking amazing, but I swear they gave me an entire cow, of which I ate like an 8th. I do not understand how portion sizes here can be so big and the people so beautiful. Then
we went to this other place called Kika which was fun although not particularly noteworthy. It was very techno-ish and there were bubbles everywhere, which would have been fun if one didn’t find its way to my eye. Walking home had to be the highlight of the night. Britni and I passed this hotdog place, and she decided she wanted a hotdog. We ended up talking to these girls and this crazy guy, and we all took pictures together and chatted in Spanish. Again we finished around 6:30 AM, and the walk home gets stranger every night. This night there were people sitting in cafes, and children were playing outside. I do not know how people stay out like this everynight! I guess the best explanation is that of my Spanish teacher: “Vamos dormir cuando estamos muertos” -- we will sleep plenty when we are dead!

No comments: