Monday, September 29, 2008

Another night, another adventure. Last night was finally the amazing Latin American experience I needed. I have been clubbing and sipping coffee and practically forgetting I am not in Europe. Well last night Luis, Revy, and I didn’t have set plans, and we kind of just decided to try something different and go to this kind of Brazlian club that is really well-known in the city. It was really spur-of-the-moment, and after much confusion we all made it there. Oh MY GOD. This place was so wild! There were people on the stage dancing this Brazlilian dance which was like nothing I had ever seen before. Upstairs was more music, and more of a salsa kind of environment. The whole thing was so fun and different I absolutely think I will start to skip these lame techno clubs. I also met the first Porteno boy I could actually stand. Normally I find the Argentinian men aggressive to the point that it feels staged, and completely cancels out their good looks. Well this boy, I won’t use his name, was really polite, and asked me to dance rather than just putting his hands on me and seeing if I push him away. I told him I didn’t really know how to dance to this kind of music and he proceeded to spend the entire night teaching me. He didn’t try anything, he didn’t get too close, and was just a gentleman. The whole experience was something out of a novel, or I guess in this case a blog that seems to be becoming a novel.

No comments: